Tuesday, June 7, 2016

TOP GOLF, TAMPA

Last night hubby picked me up at the office and we decided to have a bite to eat in Brandon and wait for the rainy traffic to subside a little. Here's how the conversation went....Me: "what do you feel like eating?" He: "I don't know, what are you in the mood for?" Me: "I asked you first cause you care more and when I make a suggestion you make a face, so just tell me where you want to eat...etc." How many times have y'all had that exchange? More often than you'd like to admit, right? So I came up with a brainstorm on the spur of the moment as we were driving along Falkenburg - let's go to Top Golf!
We've been here before a couple of years ago with friends to hit some balls and were surprised with how much we enjoyed their restaurant. But this venue is a very nice option even if you don't play golf. It's a slick operation (one of dozens around the US), beautifully decorated and designed for lively fun for all ages. Don't try going on a weekend evening or you'll be met with long lines. But we were there for the food and it was as good as we remembered.
I had a Turkey and Avocado Wrap with oven-roasted turkey, avocado, carrots, cucumber, lettuce, tomato and a chipotle aoili that gave it just the right 'kick' to spark my taste buds. I upgraded to a side of fruit salad. The sandwich was so large that I took half home to enjoy for lunch the next day. The fruit salad was also a generous portion and I shared it. Hubby had a Fried Chicken Sandwich on a brioche bun and opted for the Tater Tots. Both dishes were very good and we left very satisfied.
The staff is young, energetic and very friendly and we enjoyed our banter as they took good care of us, even agreeing to pose for a photo.
We managed to resist ordering dessert but I'm including a photo here of the ultimate indulgence which we had last time. Donut holes served with an injector filled with your choice of: raspberry, chocolate or Bavarian cream. OMG get one to share with friends and worry about dieting some other time!
www.topgolf.com/us/tampa
10690 Palm River Rd, Tampa, FL 33619
View my food journey on Zomato!
Topgolf Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment